Fighting for Fair to make New Zealand a better place to live
2degrees is a New Zealand telecommunications provider with around 1,200 employees. They offer prepaid and pay-monthly mobile services as well as fixed-line phone and broadband services. 2degrees has coverage of 98.5% of places New Zealanders live and work. Their aim is to deliver cheaper pricing, innovating where others wouldn’t and championing all Kiwis in the fight for a fairer telco market.
Anne, Head of Learning & Development, wanted a simple to follow and consistent approach to induction that would make life easier for everyone. The effectiveness of the previous induction process was of variable quality due to differing levels of experience, commitment, and confidence among team leaders. In a difficult recruitment market, Anne knew it was essential to ensure engagement from new recruits early on.
Anne and her team had given some consideration to creating their own app but decided against it due to complexity and time constraints. They expected there would be some level of feedback and reporting from the app, that it would link to other systems, be simple to navigate, and that it would reflect the look, feel and brand of the business.
The induction app is brilliant! Amazing work 😊
Service Delivery Manager
Kudos to the team, I’ve never seen anything like it.Bloody brilliant and so comprehensive! 👏🏻
Anne and her team implemented The Induction App™ to rave reviews, and now:
- New employees are getting a consistent, considered, and well-crafted welcome to the company
- 90% of new employees now rate their onboarding experience as "great" or "exceptional"
- The induction process is simple, visual, and well-paced, with a gamified approach
- Information is delivered in manageable, bite-sized chunks when it’s needed
- There is no longer a dependency on managers to facilitate every detail of the induction process, instead they are reminded to do what only they can do
- 2degrees can quantify the success of each new induction with visibility of their progress and levels of engagement
- There has been a noticeable reduction in basic questions from new starters
- There is now one source of truth available to all.
Based on their induction experience, over 90% of new employees say they would recommend 2degrees as a great place to work. That's a great result!
The Induction App provides a professional and user-friendly experience that has truly changed the onboarding of new hires and makes 2degrees look great in the process!
“I love it! Awesome to use, awesome to update, user-friendly… People like using it. It’s just great. It’s changed our onboarding, 100%dramatically. It’s only going to get better”
Head of Learning & Development